New features for next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud: Releases and Versions

56 comments

Fady Mikhael May 5, 2020

Can't we have to create the release version on Backlog screen to allow drag and drop the tickets from the board screen to the release version instead of adding the fix version field on the tickets?

Capture.PNG

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2020
Paweł Barszcz September 1, 2020

What is missing for me regarding filtering by Version on Backlog to make versions ideal for my use case

1. To be able to filter by issues without any version – for easy way to spot issues like when I did not assign version by mistake.
  2. To include issues which epics have version selected in filter – we treat epics as features (with their issues representing various tasks to be done to deliver those features) and we decided to simplify our workflow by assigning versions to epics only. But on Backlog view there are no epics which makes filtering by Version unusable for us. Another solution for us would be to have Version filtering available on Roadmap, where epics are.
whammy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback.

I'm happy to announce that we have just added support for the release report page in next-gen, now when you click a version you will be shown the release report page instead of a JQL search page.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Rym March 9, 2021

What's the difference between the release hub in classic project and the one in new-gen project? 

Frank Szilinski May 3, 2022

Still missing is the button "Release" directly in the Kanban board if I am right? If clicked, all issues on done gets assigned to a new version.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events