Introducing the new Parent field in company-managed projects

182 comments

Julio Bohler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

When I try to "create a linked issue", parent field doesn't get loaded on create linked issue screen. As parent field is mandatory for the new issue I'm trying to open, Jira won't let me save it as parent is not filled out and also doens't bring the parent information (epic link)  from the original issue (which is filled out properly).

How can I get parent field to be displayed on the create linked issue screen? 

Stephanie M. Davis March 11, 2024

Thanks for sharing this @Julio Bohler , this is precisely my issue as well. Hoping @Irene can help us!!!

frossie March 27, 2024

I see what the idea was here, and parent instead of epic link is fine, but we really miss the ability to look up by epic short name. When looking to assign to a parent it is great to be able to use a short look up like me-2024 instead of trying to remember XXX-NNNNNN. 

Like • Federico Nardini likes this
SUVARNA Dixit April 4, 2024

can we do PARENT FIEDL AS MANDAOTRY 

Like • # people like this
integrity-jira-user April 15, 2024

Hi,

Is there a way to create a bug on story as a child. I want to have story values in the parent field of epic instead of epic values. Can it be done ?

Like • frossie likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hi @integrity-jira-user  - You can create a new issue type for Bug as a Sub-task issue type. Then your hierarchy would be Epic > Story > Bug (Sub-task)

Like • integrity-jira-user likes this
integrity-jira-user April 15, 2024

@John Funk 

Understood. Thanks

Like • John Funk likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events