How Use of Jira Dashboards Improved our Marketing Team's Efficiency

Yesterday I had an interesting dinner conversation dedicated to Marketing in 2022. Many marketers I know have already switched careers or struggle to find the joy of working in marketing anymore (and think about changing their jobs).

I'm not an exception, though. I'm slightly bored after too many years dedicated to different marketing aspects. To keep the fire burning, I consistently try to:

1. Learn and experiment more.

2. Use my experience to support others.

3. Take care of teams' efficiency.

If you are deeply involved in the Atlassian Ecosystem, you already know marketing here is not messing around. It requires more than a basic skillset to fit your marketing approach. You must be intelligent, creative, simple, and efficient to stay noticed.

After my short Atlassian retirement, I came back as a member of a brand new marketing team full of ideas and looking forward to a bright new future. As exciting as it was, I also had this dark thought in my mind: “I’m so sick of marketing.

Thankfully, we had much to work on polishing our brand, partners, apps, teamwork, and collaboration. When there is a struggle, my heart is happy. 💙

For a couple of months, we expanded our team, created a new workflow, and began the broad adoption of Jira and Confluence as our primary sources of collaboration and planning. And immediately stumbled on the question:

How is it going? Are we doing well enough?

You may have a team full of high-performing individuals, but each person's definition of “productivity" varies tremendously. So we needed precise data to prove we were on the right track.
As Atlassian users, we have the great advantage of using apps and integrations to automate and excel our processes even further. As app builders, sometimes we use them for free! 😃

Grumpy Pro Tip: if you are an Atlassian marketer and are not using your apps. It's No Good.

I've already explained our fancy new process, but let's dive deeply into how Jira Dashboards help us do our jobs better.

(If you are new to Jira Dashboards, here are 5 Atlassian tips for creating a killer agile dashboard in Jira Software)

Our General Marketing Dashboard

JiraDashboards-01.png

We track our marketing department's long-term and short-term progress on our primary Jira Dashboard. Long-term is our progress since day 1 of tracking, and short-term is our current Sprint.

We keep it simple and self-explanatory. You need to glance over the board to see if everything looks good. With New vs Done being our most important metric, we closely examine the graph's movement. As you can see, so far, so good 🙂

While the lines are synchronized in their moving up, I'm sleeping well.

Content Dashboard

JiraDashboards-02.png

Especially for our mighty content creator, the Content Dashboard is there to list only two metrics: ongoing work & simple progress chart.

Why it's valuable to us?

Never hear "So… what are you writing now?" again.

Events and Partners Dashboard

JiraDashboards-03.png

We recently onboarded a new team member responsible for our events, partner relationships, and internal activities (Welcome to the team, Jane! 🎉 )

While moving through her Jira & Confluence onboarding, she was slightly confused by the number of metrics we wanted to track on only one board. Jane immediately shared her need for a separate Scrum board and Jira Dashboard to track her activities more precisely.

Remember my number 3 fire-starter?

If Jane is searching for a way to become more efficient, we have a common goal!

Her Dashboard consist of:

• partner to events tasks ratio;

• progress charts for each activity;

• New vs Done for the past month;

• latest updates and work in progress.

To me, it feels good to have a visual representation of our progress. It improves our mood, shows if any issues are present, and saves time from people "researching" what our activity state is.

It keeps the CEOs happy as well. 😉

4 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

I’m sorry, but @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ you could write about paint drying on a wall and I would soak up every word. That being said, I’m happy that this article was about a more exciting topic and it got me thinking about how I can harness this same power in my teams. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

And three years ago, I was convinced I'd never write a proper line, @Andy Gladstone. Thank you for always being a spark to this flame by providing feedback and encouragement. 

I'm glad you find it useful!

Like Tamanna Godara likes this
Adam Chambers August 23, 2022

Social media is a great way for businesses to get their name out there and interact with their customers. Customers can connect with businesses on social media and give comments, complaints, or suggestions about their products and services. Also, social media helps businesses keep in touch with the latest trends that are currently happening in today’s society. Social media has become so popular that companies have begun to set up pages on social media sites where they can interact with potential customers. Companies like https://nlosmm.com/ are dealing with all SMM problems, and this is a great idea for a business.

Ideas cleaning
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2023

Clients can associate with organizations via virtual entertainment and give remarks, protests, or ideas about their items and administrations. Additionally, web-based entertainment assists organizations with staying in contact with the most recent patterns that are presently occurring in the present society. Virtual entertainment has become so well known that organizations have started to set up pages via online entertainment locales where they can associate with possible clients.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events