Enhanced Jira board and backlog

462 comments

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2023

Hi @Tammy Aulston - it seems this was a quirk with the old front-end - we never intended to show sprint ID here as a feature. There is a workaround here   Can you let me know if this is an acceptable workaround? Thanks for the feedback

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2023

Thanks @Simon Liddington - we're on it. Should be rolled out very soon. Thanks for the feedback

Like Simon Liddington likes this
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2023

@Eoin 

+1 to request to change custom field values in the backlog and on cards. This functionality would be very convenient.

If swimlanes are used, would it be possible to add a visible button to expand and collapse these lanes? Currently, this action is hidden in the menu, and users are not always aware of shortcuts. Having a visible minimalistic button like on the Timeline would be a good hint for users.

Like S_ Francoeur likes this
remi_omoyele
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 1, 2023

@Eoin that you for your response. Happy you have shed more light on this in the FAQ's. I'll just let my users know they have to be more patient.

Like Eoin likes this
Christin Weimbs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 1, 2023

Hey @Eoin - like the new features! :)

But i don´t have the option to activate the epic-panel - ;-(       version-panel works. 

Is it a configuration on the epic-event?

thx & regards

christin

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

Thanks @Erki Tammik - you should be seeing a chevron on the swimlane when it can be expanded/collapsed - just like on the timeline. What browser/browser version are you using. Also feel free to email me this info directly on eryan@atlassian.com

Cheers

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

Thanks for the feedback @Christin Weimbs - we have moved the epic and version panel buttons into the new epic and version filters - there is a toggle at the bottom of each dropdown. Also, you can hit v or e to open and close them. We're looking to iterate on changeboarding for this because a few people are getting tripped up on this at the moment. Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem.

Cheers

Like Christin Weimbs likes this
Christin Weimbs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 1, 2023

@Eoin no sorry, here you have screenshots, there is no toggle at the epic dropdown:

Unbenannt1.JPGUnbenannt.JPG

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

Hi @Christin Weimbs - thanks for the feedback - what browser/browser version are you using? Also feel free to email me this info directly on eryan@atlassian.com

Cheers

Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2023

Thanks @Erki Tammik - you should be seeing a chevron on the swimlane when it can be expanded/collapsed - just like on the timeline. What browser/browser version are you using. Also feel free to email me this info directly on eryan@atlassian.com

Cheers

@Eoin 

There is a chevron next to each Epic, but there is no chevron to expand/collapse all, like the keyboard shortcut does with "-".

Sometimes, users are using swimlanes by assignee. It would be nice if they could collapse everything quickly and choose the assignee from that list.

My main browser is Vivaldi; I also double-check the functionality with Chrome.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

Thanks @Erki Tammik - as you mention there is a keyboard shortcut, and it's also possible to do this from the view meatball (there are buttons for collapse all and expand all).

The board is already quite clutter so we need to do some thinking before adding a prominent button for this. We do want to create a view settings panel, like on Timeline, at some point so maybe that will open up another avenue for this.

Cheers

Dennis Hansen August 2, 2023

I accidentaly said "not now" to the suggestion, is it possible for me to turn it on again?

Like Eoin likes this
Romy Moav
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 2, 2023

As a product admin, how can I enable this feature for all users in the project?

Like # people like this
vincentsynan August 2, 2023

Very much enjoying the changes - very intuitive. Good work @Eoin and the team!

Like Eoin likes this
Deleted user August 2, 2023

What is the cost to jira licensing for using this?  

Like Eoin likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2023

Hi @Dennis Hansen - there's a toggle in the meatball top right of the page - check out the images in this article!

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2023

Hi @Romy Moav - we've staged it so that product admins can try it out first and gives us the first feedback. Your end users should get the option to toggle on the changes from the 14th August. Thanks 

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2023

Thanks @vincentsynan for the kind words. I've shared your message with the team :) 

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2023

Hi @[deleted] - for you, it's free!

Like Deleted user likes this
Andrej Freeze greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2023

Hey there @Eoin, how far are Rollouts progressed? I have been part of the people who tested the enhanced boards and provided feedback, but so far I am (unlike many colleagues on the same site) unable to use the enhanced version.

Hope it was not due to the amount of bugs I raised 😂

Like Eoin likes this
Gianmarco Nucci
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 3, 2023

Hi @Eoin  how can I release a version now?

I mean, before this change I was able to go in the version detail directly though the detail button

screenshot-mediaengine.atlassian.net-2023.08.03-16_16_02.png

Like Eoin likes this
Tracy B August 3, 2023

I turned it on to try it, but now my Show Detail View on my Active Sprint board doesn't work! The Summaries won't appear for anything with a subtask: 

image.png

Like Eoin likes this
Tammy Aulston August 3, 2023

@Eoin I have turned on the enhancment for all users/projects...I thought....via Admin Cog wheel > Products.

When i look at a project, i am able to see the enhancments such as editing from the backlog.Snag_b34c035.pngSnag_b358d0a.png

But another user (non admin) can not and it is just gray .  user is using chrome browsers.

Is this correct?  when will all users be able to use this?

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2023

Hi @Gianmarco Nucci - thanks for the feedback. We'll get this added back in for you! Cheers

Eoin
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2023

@Andrej Freeze greenique 😅 so that's why our bug index dropped massively 😂 My assumption is that your company has enrolled in release tracks and that you are not a product admin. Let me know if this isn't the case. If it is, you should be getting access back in about 3 weeks time. Apologies for the inconvenience - but I take it as a positive you are keen to get access to the changes again. Thanks for all your help with the EAP! Hopefully, you'll notice some more positive improvements by the time you toggle on again. Cheers

Like Andrej Freeze greenique likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events