Enhanced Jira board and backlog

462 comments

Kwame Afreh July 25, 2023

Hi @Eoin 

I am wondering why I can't see the estimate on the backlog issue list view? I am referring to the view below. 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 103621.png

Like Eoin likes this
Cristian Floristean July 26, 2023

Hi @Eoin It happens when switching from Backlog view to Acctive sprint view. After a while the story names re-appear without doing anything special.

I'm on latest Chrome version.

Sent you an email

Like Eoin likes this
Dylan Whyte July 26, 2023

This is cool. I'm experiencing an issue; the summary is not displaying correctly on our boards. It has the Key, Issuetype, Sub-task count, Epic and Status but does not have the issue summary. 

It seems intermittent; some issues display the summary and some issues do not. There is no solid correlation to why this is happening. I expect this is something to do with loading times. Leaving the board open for a while will eventually load all of the summaries. 

From a look at the network developer options, it looks like it takes 20 seconds to get a response from the server after the page has loaded. 

Like Eoin likes this
Lincoln Dantas de Castro July 26, 2023

Ótimas melhorias!!

Like Eoin likes this
kevin shine July 26, 2023

SO nice. Wish you could do the same in the active sprint view. 

Like Eoin likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2023

Thanks @Dylan Whyte! We're looking into it. Thanks for the feedback

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2023

Hi @Kwame Afreh - you will need to have your Estimation board setting set to Story Points for the inline editable field to appear on your card.

Thanks,

Eoin

Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2023

Thanks for the feedback @Yatish Madhav ! Let us know if the performance issue you encountered reoccurs

Alexander Iordanov July 27, 2023

Nice to see!

Like Eoin likes this
Kwame Afreh July 27, 2023

@Eoin 

I am using Kanban Board and for some reasons I don't have the option to set estimate to story points. In Scrum Board, it is possible to change it from the board settings. See attachedScreenshot 2023-07-27 162126.png

Like Eoin likes this
Andrej Freeze greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2023

Hey there @Kwame Afreh as far as I know the tab "Estimation" has never existed for kanban boards. The situation you are facing is not related to the enhancement but part of Jiras defaults

Like # people like this
Vitor Seabra July 27, 2023

Way better UI!

Like Eoin likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2023

Thanks @Kwame Afreh and @Andrej Freeze greenique

Can I just double @Kwame Afreh that this is indeed the case - that you didn't have the story points show on the old UI? We haven't made any functional changes around estimation so as @Andrej Freeze greenique suggests - if you are using kanban toy will not have the ability to inline edit story points. We can tidy up the spotlight message to avoid any further misunderstanding.

Thank you!!

Like Kwame Afreh likes this
Denise Deptula July 28, 2023

Love it so far...only one issue I see is I am having problems viewing some of the tickets in the active sprint for team members...but when I revert back to the old version...they are there.  

@Eoin in reviewing your comment I do see that the tickets not showing on the active board are those that do have a subtask.  When is that fix being rolled out?  

Like Eoin likes this
Drew Nedderman July 28, 2023

Seems good to me so far. I see one issue with column issue counts. It looks like issues with sub-tasks aren't included in the count. I gave this feedback when switching the new feature off.

Like Eoin likes this
eyal_silverstein July 30, 2023

This is a fantastic improvement. 
I can see the new board UI but other people in my org don't. How can I roll it out to all? is there permission Ifor that?

Like # people like this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2023

Thanks @Drew Nedderman! Got your feedback - much appreciated. We're going to fix asap

Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2023

Thanks @eyal_silverstein

Only product admins see it so far - we wanted to do this to give you some control over when your end users get the changes. End users will begin to get to opt-in to the changes over the coming weeks.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2023

Hi @Denise Deptula - thanks for the feedback!!! Are you able to give a little more detail? For example, we have had in some scenarios filters not showing subtasks and there is a fix being rolled out for this as we speak. Also if you had time we could chat on Zoom https://calendly.com/eoinryan/30min 

Like Denise Deptula likes this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2023

@Eoin thanks again for this. Performance issues seem to have gone.

Question - Just like editing the fields inline, I wonder and hope if there is a plan to also edit any/all 3 of the fields configured under Card layout that shows under the key and summary? Ie. in the image the 3 fields selected to show should be able to edit - esp since it is limit to 3 fields max

Screenshot from 2023-07-31 09-52-28.png

Like Eoin likes this
remi_omoyele July 31, 2023

Hi @Eoin 

Going by this statement "From July 31st, 2023, enhancements are available to all users of company-managed projects," i assume that all users using the company managed projects in my organisation should be able to see the Enhanced Jira View, but its only the admins that have these features.

Is that statement wrong or did i read it wrong.

Please help.

Thank you

Like Eoin likes this
Tammy Aulston July 31, 2023

@Eoin How do i find the Sprint ID after this is turned on?  it used to be in the lower left hand corner if you hoovered over the sprint name.  Now I can't find it.

Like # people like this
Simon Liddington July 31, 2023

Turned it on, and one minute later I turned it off as the time remaining is no longer shown on the cards and I use that a lot including to check it is 0 at the end of a sprint. Can it be configured to show?

Like Eoin likes this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2023

Hi @remi_omoyele - we've tried to simplify the message on the product settings page to be generic, but I can see the "all" in there is a little confusing. I'm adding some further FAQ to this article to give some more granularity. We're staging our rollout by admin vs non-admins, and by plan (free, standard, premium, enterprise).
We are currently rolling out to end-users on Free plans provided the product admin hasn't delayed the rollout. In the next week or two we'll do the same for end-users of standard and premium plans. Hope this helps :) 

Like # people like this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2023

@Yatish Madhav that's the long-term vision, but we have not included additional custom fields on the card as part of the scope of this program of changes, and I don't have an ETA of when. Thanks

Like Yatish Madhav likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events