Enhanced Jira board and backlog

462 comments

Reinado Alves Santos November 14, 2023

Vi que foi retirada a   capacidade de impressão de cartões de emissão por baixo uso. No entanto, é um recurso que sempre é usado para colocar no quadro físico. Será bom dar-nos a opção de continuarmos imprimindo esses cartões de emissão. Se não, como posso fazer para alimentar meu quadro físico?

Simon Pearcey November 14, 2023

In the old view when I use the Version panel, and select a specific version, the epics that were not part of that version were greyed out in the Epic panel.  This functionality appears to have been lost in the updated board implementation, and selecting the version makes no impact to the Epic panel.  This functionality was core to our way of working, can you advise on whether this will be fixed please?

Tori Milhoan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2023

Hi @Eoin Two issues I am experiencing and could use help with.

- The tooltip no longer works when hovering over the epic name. I saw there was a fix for this coming out a few weeks ago but I am still experiencing the issue.

- We create epics that will be worked on in the future and change the "Epic Status" to "Done" so they do not clutter our epics panel. Then when we are ready to work on the epic, we change the status back to "To Do" or "In Progress" so they appear in our epics panel. However, the recent change now includes epics in the epics panel that are in a "Done" status. What changed that altered the way that epics appear in the panel? Is this change going to be reverted? This adds a lot of unnecessary clutter to our panel and will now create multiple steps to remove an epic from the panel.

Philip Doolittle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2023

Get this garbage advertisement off my menu.

Patrick Nelson November 15, 2023

As predicted, now that I'm forced into the new downgraded interface, it's far slower and harder to use.

I'm having trouble searching (and retaining context) when looking for tickets. Sometimes I need to search and rearrange them in the Kanban board. And as many others have mentioned (and even begged for in  JSWCLOUD-25592) this new and demonstrably slower interface has downgraded this since if you clear the search, everything resets. And because the new version was purportedly improved by dynamically removing/appending the cards from the browser DOM, it's now unsearchable using Ctrl+F/Cmd+F, which means that is no longer on the table as an alternative either (which was faster anyway).

Is it not possible these days to perform upgrades without deleterious effects to the end user experience? We're regularly paying thousands of dollars for this software and these improvements are ironically just making it worse for us. 😓

Like # people like this
Monica Morris November 15, 2023

Hi @Eoin , thanks for sharing the Calendly link. Apologies for my delayed reply, I somehow missed your note. Next week is no good for me, so I've scheduled time the last week of November. Looking forward to our call.

Like Eoin likes this
Brian Handscomb November 16, 2023

I really miss the full edit/create issue view. Used to type in title of new issue and click the ellipsis to bring up the full edit/create view with plenty of space to work in. Trying to work in that small side panel on the right is very frustrating. If full edit view is still around I can't find it. Whole thing just feels so clunky and unintuitive.

Eric Koch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 17, 2023

The fact that I cannot see the entirety of the issue title in the active sprint view makes this a no go for me.  I love the other enhancements but I've got to be able to see my entire title.  I hope I can opt out after it becomes the default.

Like # people like this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2023

Hi @Eric Koch - can you send me a screenshot to eryan@atlassian.com? I just want to make sure I know where this is occurring (e.g. on the swimlane header or on the card). Thank you!!

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2023

Hi @Tori Milhoan - the epics will show if there are child issues of that epic shown in the backlog (even if they are done). This allows people to get context on the work that is in their backlog and also to be able to filter using epic for work that exists in the backlog. If the epic is done and the child issues are down - the epic will no longer show. Thanks

Eoin
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2023

Olá @Reinado Alves Santos . Devido ao uso extremamente baixo, decidimos descontinuar esse recurso. Desculpas pela inconveniência.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2023

Hi @Simon Pearcey Thanks for your feedback. We're currently investigating whether we bring this back although my feeling is it's unlikely. It's difficult to reflect this same behaviour across all the filters and it causes inconsistencies in the filter experience. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Simon Pearcey November 20, 2023

@Eoin I understand your difficulties, but it's now literally awful to use, and one key prioritisation control is ruined as a result.  Can you change the card layout or border highlight or anything to make sure you can highlight Epics by FixVersion when you select a FixVersion?  Alternatively, make the old board presentation remain an optional choice (perpetually), as it worked perfectly well (there are other problems that seem bigger issues to solve, such as label management for example).

Tim Gordon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 21, 2023

Echoing the experience of others. The new update is completely unusable. I want to appreciate the enhancements, but when it's so painfully unresponsive I can't take begin to take advantage of them. Clicking on anything introduces seconds lag (applying a board filter or opening a context menu renders the page completely interactive.) Drag and drop consistently lands tickets in the wrong place. I have to avoid selecting multiple tickets, and it's impossible to use Ctrl-F now (especially frustrating as the Search backlog feature isn't returning all relevant matches.)

Planning with my team today was an embarrassment. To anyone at Atlassian I am very happy to share what I'm experiencing with the update.

Like # people like this
theigor November 21, 2023

I am going to try again because using Jira the last couple of days has been basically miserable. I understand and appreciate some of the new functionality, but you can't just abandon the way giant teams have been using Jira - there has to be backwards compatibility. I've got 147 users I am now considering moving to another tool (Linear, etc) because it would be as quick or quicker than adopting them to these changes. A prime example of this is dragging tickets to versions on the backlog. That's part of our process. We take 50 tickets at a time and drop them to a different version during grooming. They can't be in both versions. The "workaround" of dropping them into Issues Without Version and then to the version doesn't work for us. I've now lost hours in a single week to this problem. That's the entire cost of Jira. At the very least, it should be a personal or project setting. I've used Jira for 15 years - I don't want to ditch it over this :(

Like # people like this
Simon Pearcey November 22, 2023

+1 to everything @theigor said above, the loss of filtering on version and the broken drag and drop functionality relating to versions is a big regression.

Please bring back the old view until these core issues are resolved, the new one doesn't fix any of the problems we have, it just introduces new ones.

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Bas Kivit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 22, 2023

I'm aware that the print version for issue cards has been discontinued in the new version. Apparently, I was one of the few users still using this feature. Does anyone know if there's a workaround available so that I can still print these issue cards?

Like Reinado Alves Santos likes this
Reinado Alves Santos November 22, 2023

Eu também utilizava a versão impressa dos cartões e senti muita falta por terem descontinuado na nova versão. É uma pena que estas mudanças criam uma certa instabilidade para que utiliza o Jira.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2023

Yes! I am so looking forward to this. It will absolutely save a great deal of time for me and my clients.

Like Eoin likes this
Bruce Zhang November 26, 2023

Some of the new enhanced view needs to be reconsidered, it's awful. I wouldn't call it's enhance but dehance

1. It's difficult to differentiate between selected and unselected items in the Epic list due to the low contrast. It's also challenging to distinguish between selected, unselected, and active items.

2. Additionally, there is no option to view all items without deselecting each of the epics, which can be time-consuming.

3. While some of the free editing text options are useful, others, such as editing the subject, do not add much value.

4. Opening the panel requires using the view settings, which can be tedious.

5. Lastly, the overall color design is too light, with low contrast, causing eye strain when viewing.

image (21).png

6. there are many more things...

In conclusion, this enhancement doesn't provide much value, and is hard to use.

Like # people like this
Jean Gordon November 27, 2023

Pity the enlarged icons and the awful scroll bar are back and cannot be switched off.

Atlassian only allowing you to take control of what suits their narrative.

Key issues for us

1. Scroll bar 
  2. Enlarged icons for issues on board
  3. Additional tabs at top of board mean we can just about see 1 row and some can see almost 2 columns making board unusable on any meeting
  4. Slowness and crashes are a regular occurrence
  5. It is not feasible to reduce view size on web to 50% to get the functionality back 

Not a good customer service for some

Like # people like this
Jean-Luc Deprez November 28, 2023

You can’t just change version drag behavior based on the input of a fraction of the users.

By unilaterally changing you just decided that the opinion of those that where perfectly happy with the previous behavior is unimportant.

Like # people like this
Omiros Grigoreas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 28, 2023

what do I have to do to activate the epic-filter (backlog)? thanks 🐱‍🏍🙏

Bild1.png

Patrick Nelson November 28, 2023

Hey @Eoin since this creates a lot of work for me to try to create/submit/track tickets for y'all since this was a change on your end, lemme at least relay really quickly a few bugs that I'm seeing crop up. Sorry for transmitting it this way; there's also a "Give feedback" function but... for now hopefully you can help triage this.

1. When creating a new ticket, they no longer appear on the new Kanban without a refresh (the old one this worked just fine)
  2. When updating tickets, e.g. converting to subtask (in this particular use case, may apply to others) changes to tickets aren't reflecting on the new Kanban (the old one... this also worked just fine)
  3. When dragging at ticket between columns: If you have a large number of tickets, sometimes the highlight is super laggy and slow. So bad in fact that there's a weird trailing effect; e.g. if you just played around and waved the ticket across the columns, you get this delay effect where columns you dragged over 5 seconds ago are still trying to catch up... If it weren't a toy, it'd be fun to play with, instead the lag is simply sort of annoying 😅
Richie Schuurman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 29, 2023

Hi @Eoin Sorry if I'm reviving a thread that became unactive as the changes are being rolled out. But I'm getting more end users asking for the "Print issue cards" feature do be re-enabled. I completely understand that if a survey about this feature was taken with the result to remove it but do you have any alternatives?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events