📣 Early access program for a brand new Team field in Jira Software

95 comments

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Good Day Atlassian Admins, Community, and Support. I am on the team beta for standard but really want to get on the Sept release for premium. 

I also wanted to state that it would be really nice with this combining the People to the Team field to have the ability for admins to control these teams and if these teams could be linked to admin groups. This would definitely help in team management for static teams in our environment. This may help others to. But I know this allow teams to be managed currently by users which in some cases is great. 
I have seen where the team lead don't update the team when new member are added. Just some ideas of what I see. Thanks for adding this to Atlassian its a major win as this is something I have had to create for many environments manually. I am loving it. 

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2022

Just so I understand this correctly... You are creating a Team Epic of sorts? A structure used just to group people in one bucket, that's it? It will have no features like workload plans, holiday plans, absence management, skills, roles or time allocation?

How will you handle people assigned to multiple teams?

April Chi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2022

Hi @Aaron Geister ,

Hope you're well and thanks for the post. Would love to learn more about how this would help in your team management for static teams. 

Are you an admin in your team? 

- How do you use teams in your organisation?

I see you've booked a 1:1 with me on 23rd June SYD, would love to hear about this then. I see you're based US, let me know if there's a better time that works for you. 

Regards,

April

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

We are trying to introduce teams as of now mostly teams based off of advance roadmaps and opsgenie. But to have that all be the same along with the People mapped teams that's a big win. We use teams to show which team is working on issues. 

I can fill you in more during our meeting. The time should work for me. 

Viktor Hristovski July 1, 2022

We are using the Zendesk app for Jira and have set up an integration. Before we had a dropdown custom field of our teams and in the App configuration, i could setup a link between zendesk and Jira.

Unfortunately now i dont see the Team field in the field mapping screen . 

April Chi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2022

Hey @Viktor Hristovski ,

Hope you're well and thanks for the reply. Looking into this now. Are you able to provide a screenshot or a quick video on what you see? Is there an error or does the team field not show up at all for you?

Look forward to hearing your response.

Regards,

April

Viktor Hristovski July 7, 2022

Hi @April Chi and thank you for your reply.

I am not able to see the TEAM field in the configuration screen of field mapping between Jira and Zendesk. On the left , its not finding it when i search (scr.1)

On scr2, you can see the Team field is defined as a team type.

This is what i found from Zendesk on configuring this Using the Jira field syncing feature – Zendesk help . 

Can you help us understand what type of field is team? Is it possible to work with Zendesk support to include this in the integration?

Thank you

Viktor

field configuration.JPGteam.JPG

April Chi
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2022

Hey @Viktor Hristovski ,

Hope you're well and thanks for bringing this to our attention! I just looked into it and looks like this is something that needs to be done by Zendesk - they need to do work on their side to support our custom Team field.

I'm getting in contact with them and will get back to you once they respond. Since this is dependent on them, I'm not sure when this will be fixed - I'll update you, but it probably won't be fixed until after GA in September. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, concerns, or encounter any new issues :)

Regards,

April

Viktor Hristovski July 14, 2022

Hi @April Chi , thank you so much for looking into this. Please let me know on any update about this from Zendesk side. Thank you

April Chi
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2022

Hey @Viktor Hristovski ,

No worries. I'm in touch with them right now, we're talking about giving them the ability to test it. I'll get back to you once I have an update. 

Thanks again for reporting this!

Regards,

April

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2022

Hey everyone,

The sign-up provided in this post is targeted towards Free and Standard editions of Jira Software.

We're now also taking sign-ups for customers who are on Jira Software Premium. We're targeting signing-up customers who are using Advanced Roadmaps as this scope involve unification of the Shared Teams concept with the new Team field mentioned in this article.

You can find out more and sign-up in this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-articles/Advanced-Roadmaps-Team-unification-Sign-up-to-to-take-part-in/ba-p/2084987#U2086113

Kind regards,
Rhys | PM, Advanced Roadmaps

Rich Lee August 8, 2022

@April Chi 

I'm just catching up on this thread, but is it too late to try and test the "Team" field? 

April Chi
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2022

Hey @Rich Lee ,

Hope you're well and thanks for the comment! Is your Jira plan Free, Standard, or Premium?

Unfortunately, the EAP for standard and free Jira plans is currently closed. However, signups for early rollout in premium plans is still open here.

Let me know :)

Regards,

April

Rich Lee August 10, 2022

@April Chi 

Thanks for the quick reply. We do have a Premium plan. I'll go ahead and fill out the form from the page you linked. Thanks!

April Chi
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2022

Hey @Rich Lee

No worries at all. Thanks for showing our new team field some love!

lprada September 29, 2022

Is this in production?

April Chi
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2022

Hey @lprada ,

Hope you're well. Unfortunately, we've had a delay so this is not in production yet. I'll get back to you all once we have a clearer date in mind. 

Feel free to contact me on achi@atlassian.com or here if you have any questions.

Regards,

April

Mark Contreras December 15, 2022

Hi! Are you still accepting entries for the EAP?

April Chi
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2023

Hi @Mark Contreras ,

Thanks for reaching out! If you're also referring to the Premium EAP, yes!  You can find the Google Form to sign up for the EAP in this article posted here.

However, just a heads up that if you sign up now, you'll likely be included in a later cohort. After the initial cohort, we'll gradually increase the number of customers from the sign-up and how much we increase it by will depend on the validation and confidence we receive from initial groups. 

Hope that helps :)

Regards,

April

Ole Øyvind Skaaret February 15, 2023

Hello 👋

In the latest "preview release product changes", it seems that support for this is added?

Enable team field in subtasks

This release will allow you to use the new Team field for subtasks in Jira.
Before you can use it in subtasks, you must check with your admin if they have enabled the new Team field from Project settings.

But what is the name of the new field? how can we enable to test?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events