📣 Early access program for a brand new Team field in Jira Software

95 comments

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Jason Michaud

Thanks for the detailed explanation of your use-case. That does sound like something that can be fulfilled by this Teams functionality. Unfortunately, we are primarily focused on cloud products, starting with JSW cloud. So we don't anticipate shipping this to Server or DC anytime in the near future. 

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Jimi Wikman

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Please find my responses inline.

How will teams come closer to groups? 

Great question and yes, intermixing permissions is a slippery slope. We are currently working on ways to bring interoperability between them but its still in the early stages. As of now, the teams functionality we are delivering as part of this EAP will not deal with permissions in any way (Please note that in this EAP, you cannot use Teams to manage permissions to Team managed projects in Jira). In the EAP, you can assign a Team to a issue and search using Teams in JQL

Who can create a team?

Anyone in your site/organisation can create a team. Teams are decoupled from permissions: Being part of a team does not automatically grant any permissions to the members.

I like that you add this to Advanced Roadmaps as well, so if you could just add resource management to AR as well, then I might be able to convince some companies to get back to Premium again :)

Will definitely take this as feedback and share with the team

Also, what are the plans for Teams moving forward? It already looks like you plan a team space type of setup, but will that be taken even further? Are there plans for team based boards/dashboards or perhaps even connection to team spaces?

Yes, we are currently working on improving the Team profile in order to surface the teams work from across Atlassian products. Regarding Team dashboards, in JSW, as part of this EAP, you can set up Team dashboards. Besides that, we are in the early stages of figuring out some permissions use-cases -> like granting permissions to a jira project/board/issue to a team. We are also working with JSM to figure out how to rollout Teams in JSM.

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2021

Hi @Lucas Machado

Yes, you can @mention these Teams in tickets/comments as well as on Confluence pages.

Regarding Automation, we don't support that yet but are looking to.

We do have plans to unify the team concept present in OpsGenie but are starting with unifying Advanced Roadmaps teams.

Like • Lucas Machado likes this
CYNTHIA RODRIGUEZ
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 25, 2021

i would be grateful for this chance.

Like • Anish Deena likes this
Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Like • # people like this
joey_klein
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

I’m interested too 

Anastasia Gourina October 25, 2021

Hi there!

Just curious this "Teams" is it using the similar concepts we see in Jira Advance Roadmaps?

I have teams in our instance that want to use their Team they have created in JAR in their Standard Jira projects but I can not see the needed link. This new feature will it assist in this?

Thanks in advance!

David Loszewski October 26, 2021

interested

Paula Hidalgo October 26, 2021

How will this new field work with Jira Align? 

I notice the target audience is free and Standard users.  How will this field coexist with Team field already available in Jira Premium?

Cronje van Heerden October 27, 2021

Interested ..  but whatever the planned solution is, I hope it will play nice with existing Atlassian Access directory groups.

Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2021

Hi @Anastasia Gourina

As stated in the post, during the EAP it will be a separate field and only available in JSW free and standard but we are currently working on unifying this with the team concept in Jira Advanced Roadmap, which will be rolled out at a later point. Thanks

Like • Anastasia Gourina likes this
Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2021

Hi @Paula Hidalgo

This field is not yet designed to work with Jira Align. We are currently working on integrating it into Jira Advanced Roadmaps and unifying the team concept present in Jira premium. Once that is done, we will roll the functionality out to premium and enterprise customers. Thanks

Like • Paula Hidalgo likes this
Ishan Somasiri
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2021

Hi @Oleh Vasyliv ,

I'm a developer associated with the dev work of this EAP. The field is a regular managed customer field, nothing special about this one. So it should appear in any place that other custom fields appear.

Do let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Ishan

Vaishali Patil October 28, 2021

I would be interested as more teams within our organization are moving towards using Adv. Roadmaps. We also want to use Team Central so when the Adv Roadmaps Teams and the Team under people get unified, it will eliminate a some of confusion.

April Daly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 29, 2021

This sounds super useful - I'd love to try it

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2021

I would really like to join this EAP for Team field. I have build this from scratch in the past but now that I am in a new roll as admin it would be super helpful to add this to our site. 

Like • Ishan Somasiri likes this
Anna November 17, 2021

We would be very much interested to test this :) 

Divya TV November 17, 2021

We already have too many 'team' fields in Jira. Advanced roadmaps, Tempo, and other plugins introduced team fields which are locked so we can't get rid of them. There are also some team fields which we created, can't get rid of them either. Plugins usually bring in their issue types and fields. I'm not sure how this feature will help or consolidate all these teams into one?

Anasuya Ghosh November 17, 2021

@Anish Deena Can this be used as a substitute of sub project?

Märten Kuusik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 17, 2021

Hello,

Count me in! I'll gladly help anyway I can.

Märten

nishanth.prasad November 17, 2021

Thanks would like to give it a shot.I would like to see links present in teams which would make life easier.

Torben Froelund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 17, 2021

Sounds really great, I hope Tempo will start using this also so we can have one team across Jira and addons like Tempo.

Like • Mykenna Cepek likes this
Arnd Layer November 18, 2021

Im definitely interested in this. I assume this is identical with teams in Team Central.

Like • Tracy Chow likes this
akoleva November 18, 2021

Hi,

As we have the Server edition, can we participate in this early access program?

Thanks

Ferre Bynoe November 18, 2021

What an amazing feature! Look forward using it. 
Does this only work for Jira software or also Jira Service desk? 

Like • Tracy Chow likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events