Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with client's ticketing system

Priyank Rao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2022

Hi everyone,

We are using a different ticketing system and forwarding the tickets to our vendor who uses Jira Service Management.

We just triage the ticket for our customers so its important that the ticket is forwarded to the vendor as the need arises.

The ticket contains the incident number in subject line.

Issue is the response from Jira Service Management is like a note coming to our ticketing system. We don't get the option to reply like an email. The note has the URL for us to open the ticket in Jira and check the status or put our notes. We wish that it comes as an email so that we can reply to it.

I was wondering if Jira has any option to sort this out. 

We were getting the updates and it was creating a separate ticket but we fixed the issue by adding the ticket in the subject line and keeping it together.

Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Priyank Rao Welcome to the Atlassian community

I am assuming that your service desk is just sending an email to the vendor who is using Jira service management.  Jira service management sends emails to the address that it receives the email from.  I am assuming that your service desk is receiving these emails and consuming them into your ticketing system.  You should be able to communicate on the issues via your ticketing system.  We have vendors that do the same thing.  You will need to work with the vendor to ensure that everything is setup correctly for your reply's to be captured correctly and to ensure that you get the responses back on your end.  

Priyank Rao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2022

Our vendor who is using Jira, is adding a note on the ticket.

Its how they have setup for all their customers.

The note comes to our ticketing system with no option to reply.

Every note the vendor puts is a conversation appended to the thread but we cannot reply unless we click on the link.

I was wondering if I could give some sort of an easy option for the vendor to prevent changing their way of working with their ticketing system.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Priyank Rao 

It sounds like they have customized how Jira is replying as it is not normal behavior.  With out knowing what they have done I do not have any recommendations.  You will have to work with them to come up with a solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events