Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

template for a description filed

Shreyas Kolluru
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2022

Hi,

I have a field in my service desk form which is a description, I want to do two things

1. Provide a default template in it like 

---------------------

Application:

user:

Description of issue:

-------------------

when creating the service request the user should see these headings in the text box against which he/she can update the details

2. When the service request is being submitted, I want to check that at least few of these headings have  some characters of text against them

I don't want these data points to be captured as additional fields in my service desk form. I have added at the field help saying please follow this format additionally I want to force it.

Appreciate help

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

You cannot accomplish this in the manner you convey. That is, you can present a single field to the user with 'sub-fields' within that field. You have two options:

• use Forms to create the form you wish to prompt the user to complete
  • create custom fields for each of bits of info you want to have the user complete.

for your case I believe Forms would be appropriate. If you need more info on Forms please see the documentation- what-are-forms .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events