Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should components exists in Jira service management projects or only in Jira software projects ?

Sama Mohamed June 26, 2022

For instance, If a component should be auto-assigned to one of the project team, so is that option in JSM projects or only in Jira Software Projects 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2022

Hi @Sama Mohamed,

You can use components in both Jira Software and Jira Service Management. You can find them in Project Settings > Components regardless of the product.

Just be aware that they are always specific to the project you create them in. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! Yeah because this made me realize that I don't have access to components!

@Walter Buggenhout I want to ask you if there is another way to access the components or create them apart from project settings 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2022

Hi @Sama Mohamed,

To manage components, you need project administrator settings. That is if your project is a company managed project.

If your project is a team managed project, you don't have components.  

Like Sama Mohamed likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events