Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report on label count for service tickets

Michael Schroff May 20, 2021

I would like to generate a report of the "count" and "type" of particular label(s), for submitted SRs. 

For instance, I would like to report how many SRs came in, that were related to "Training" issues (as opposed to bugs, network communication, etc.)

Is there a way to create a report using JIRA, so that I don't have to do it in Excel?

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Michael Schroff,

You can definitely come a long way with the two dimensional issue statistics gadget on a Jira dashboard (the article I linked is from Data Center, but the gadget is available on cloud as well).

How you drill into your data obviously relates to how you categorise / organise your issues.

Let's just assume your SR is the issue type you want to report on. If the topic those SR's are about is e.g your component or a label, then you can just use issue type as one dimension of the gadget and component or label as the other dimension. That would result in a pivot table like report with a count of issues as a metric.

Hope this helps!

Michael Schroff May 20, 2021

Hi. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Michael Schroff May 21, 2021

Hi. I found the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget, but it insists on using a "Filter for FIN board", which I don't know anything about, and consequently produces zero results. So, I never get to see anything displayed in the gadget for SR Type by Label. 

Your thoughts?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events