Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Share with" field is show on Customer Portal only for one project and I want to hide it

Demis Estabridis January 11, 2022

Hello there,

from this article here and a few others, I learned that hiding or deleting the  "Share with <organization>" field from the form used on a Customer Portal is not possible at all.

Nevertheless, I noticed that the two projects I created last, do NOT show that field, exactly how I want it! When I create new projects, using any of those projects to inherit the configurations (so with "Share settings with an existing project" checked), the new one also doesn’t show the "Share with <organization>" field.

This is project "Accounting" where the mentioned field is NOT showing up:

Accounting in Portal.png

This is project "Pillar" where the "Share with <organization>" field is shown. I can't find a way to hide it.

Pillar in Portal.png

These are the "Accounting" project configurations:

Accounting project configurations.png

These are the "Pillar" project configurations:

Pillar project configurations.png

They look the same.

Can someone help me to understand, why that difference and how to change it in the project that IS showing the "Share with <organization>" field so that it is not shown anymore?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

@Demis Estabridis 

Can you validate if the Organization is created for this project as well?

To do this, do the following:

On the project home page, click on "Customers";
Check if there is any "Organization" registered.
If there is, check if your user is registered within it.

If there is no organization, then you will need to add it to the project.

If it's still not enough, get back to us so we can continue evaluating.

Hi @Fernando Eugênio da Silva  and thanks for your reply!

Your hint took me to confirm that only in the "Pillar" one, does have an organization in it.

If I remove the Organization, but the few users within it are added as Customers to the project, I guess that won't affect them at all, right?

Thanks again!

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

@Demis Estabridis 

The only impact, I believe, is that users who previously had these tickets shared by the organization will no longer have visibility over them, only the user reporter.

In addition, there are no impacts that can occur if you do as you said.

Thank you @Fernando Eugênio da Silva , your replies were of much help!

Best

Celine Penaredondo February 10, 2022

Hi @Demis Estabridis  were you able to hide the field? 

Demis Estabridis February 14, 2022

Hi @Celine Penaredondo ,

Kind of! I managed to hide the field after following the recommendation made up here by @Fernando Eugênio da Silva. It worked, but later at some point the organization "got created" again and the field appeared as well. Not sure when it gets automatically created.

Best

Like Celine Penaredondo likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2022

Hey, Demis!

Organizations for JSM projects are the same as boards for JSW projects = Individuals by configuration.

If the organization reappears in your project, you should review whether someone has not replicated their creation in the new project.

It would also be interesting to evaluate the permissions of the JSM settings on whether only admins can create and manage organizations or if agents can do it as well.

This is a good case to investigate.

Good job! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events