Can the "Share with" field in the portal issue creation screen be deleted or hidden?

Jason Gorman June 19, 2019

After creating Organizations in my project, a field appeared in the portal issue creation screen, "Share with":Organization/No one.

Jira Share with.png

I would like to remove that field, either delete it or hide it and make it not required, but I have not been able to figure out what screen or screen scheme it comes from.  I want to use Organizations, just not this feature.

Can this field be edited? And if so, where? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2019

Hello Jason,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Currently, it's not possible to hide this button. When a customer is added to an organization, this option will appear in the portal for them to choose if the ticket will be private or if it will be shared with all customers in that organization. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4382
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Jason Gorman June 24, 2019

Thank you for the reply and confirmation that the button cannot be modified.  It's good to know I don't have to put more energy into it.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer