Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Request Participant" function not working if issue is created from within the service board.

Kevin Morelli June 20, 2022

I have found it works reliably if the issue is created via email request, or by the Help Center/portal. 

However many tests have shown that adding via issues created by the green "create issue" button on the top of the queue, OR via "create linked issue" (which is what we really need this to work for). 

I've set up a custom filter to add to the create issue screen to try to add them as the issue was created and that doesn't work either. 

1 answer

0 votes
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Kevin Morelli 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

JSM is a product built on top of Jira (Jira Software/Jira Work Management) architecture. It works a little bit different.

Every issue in JSW or JWM is tied to an Issue Type. While every issue in JSM is tied to a Request Type. A Request Type is tied to an Issue Type.

Whenever you try to create an issue from Agent View, either from the "Create" button or from "Create linked issue", can you please ensure that you have selected the correct "Request Type"? Then, you can add the customer to the "Request Participants". Open a separate browser and log in as the customer in the portal and see if the customer has access to the newly created request. Select "Created by anyone" in the filter.

The best practice is to always create an issue from the portal, to ensure that the issue is created correctly as a JSM issue. Except if the issues are meant for agents only and not to be shared with the customer.

Let me know how it goes!

Regards,

Marini

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events