perform an action on a variable

Jelani Walton April 20, 2023

Hello, I need some help with an automation I'm working on. The goal is for the automation to identify the oldest issue in a JQL search and assign that issue to a team of agents in round robin. So far Ive gotten to the point of identifying the oldest issue and created a variable for it. How do I tell the automation to perform an action where the variable issue is now the target of the assigning?

Side note: I wanted to use the Scheduled trigger to kick off this automation, but it tries to execute the action on every ticket in the search. I only want the oldest ticket to be affected. Any recommendations? I was thinking about the 'SLA Threshold breached' option and set it to a time well before breaching so the automation only looks at that one ticket, but i saw a warning that it fails sometimes. 

Thanks for any help
Screenshot 2023-04-20 125600.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Hello @Jelani Walton 

You can use a For Branch > Related Issues > JQL step to look up the one issue on which you want to operate. The JQL for that would be

issue = {{firstIssueKey}}

Or you could skip using the variable and use this JQL

issue = {{lookupIssues.first.key}}

Then within that branch you could operate on  that issue.

---

You can still use a Schedule trigger. Just don't put a JQL into the trigger itself. Continue to use the Lookup Issues action after the trigger to get to the issue you want.

Jelani Walton April 21, 2023

This worked! Thank you SO MUCH

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events