Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing mail excludes email in "to field

Matthew Cascio April 26, 2024

On rare occasions, I see failed outgoing mail in the mail queue with the following error:

2024-04-25 13:54:05,099+0000 ERROR [] Sending mailitem To='[NAME REDACTED]' Subject='[SUBJECT REDACTED] ' From='[EMAIL REDACTED]' FromName='' Cc='' Bcc='' ReplyTo='' InReplyTo='null' MimeType='text/plain' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@ab9a192' MessageId='null' ExcludeSubjectPrefix=true' anonymous    Mail Queue Service [c.a.mail.queue.MailQueueImpl] Error occurred in sending e-mail: To='[NAME REDACTED]' Subject='[SUBJECT REDACTED] ' From='[EMAIL REDACTED] FromName='' Cc='' Bcc='' ReplyTo='' InReplyTo='null' MimeType='text/plain' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@ab9a192' MessageId='null' ExcludeSubjectPrefix=true'
com.atlassian.mail.MailException: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
      nested exception is:
    	com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 501 Invalid RCPT TO address provided
    ;
      nested exception is:
    	com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 501 Invalid RCPT TO address provided

The [NAME REDACTED] portion will include only the first name and last name of the recipient - not their email address. 

Anyone else seeing this?

Currently on JSM 5.12.2

P.S. The [EMAIL REDACTED] part does have the correct From email, I just removed it for the purpose of this post.

TIA!

1 answer

2 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024
Matthew Cascio April 26, 2024

Thanks! Possibly, but I'm looking at the user email and there aren't any special characters.  Will continue to investigate. Thanks for the pointer!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events