cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no email notification being sent when an issue is assigned to a user

Dado Hatipovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2024

i checked jira and no email is sent when assigning someone else to a ticket. everything comes to you first, but if i change it to, for example, myself or mariusz, this change only appears in jira - not via email or as a notification in teams.

Any solutions for this?

/Dado

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2024

Hi Dado - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Does the user receive any other emails from Jira? If not, you should open a support ticket with Atlassian and ask that the suppression list be checked for the user's email address. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Dado Hatipovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2024

Hi John

We are a support team, where I am primarily assigned a ticket or case. However, if I, for example, assign it to a colleague, they do not receive an email notification that they have been assigned the case. It can only be seen in Jira, but they do not get any email. So, the issue is that when I assign a ticket to someone in my team, they do not receive an email; it only appears as usual in Jira. I am not sure if it is possible to create a rule so that when I assign a colleague, an email is also sent to them. Thank you for your help.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2024

Take a look at the Notifications scheme to see who is get notified when the Issue is assigned. If that person is there, then you might want to create an automation rule to send an email to the Assignee when the Assignee is changed. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events