Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make the form question be answered by the user before they enter the required field of the service r

Ramesh Gopalakrishnan February 6, 2023

I want to add a custom form and make users answer so that user can first decide self-serve options before submitting the ticket. But when the form is associated with the request type, it is added to the bottom section after the default required fields of the template (say Service Request) , how can make the form question be answered by the user before they enter the required field of the service request? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

@Ramesh Gopalakrishnan -

Welcome to the community.  Based on my knowledge/experience, it is not possible with the current out of the box setup on default JSM required fields.

Although, using FORMs configuration you can setup dynamic section where elements of the form can be displayed/hidden based on field's responses. 

You may want to look for third party add-ons in Atlassian Marketplace for possible support on achieving what you are asking for.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

thanks for the quick reply - I posted follow up question in the same thread. please help with a suggestion. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Hi @Ramesh Gopalakrishnan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The short answer is that you cannot change the location on were the form is shown. What you could do is add the required fields in the form and link them to Jira fields and have them show up based on the user's answer. You can use sections to conditionally show fields.

question below

thinking I will use the required field to run query against wiki to check solutions against Knowledge Base or existing tkts or incidents and then use the submit button to validate user inputs and then allow user to submit the ticket. we are trying to empower user to do self-serve and wiki search for solution before letting them create tickets (more than 50% of them are related to prevailing incidents, or they dont read wiki properly) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events