Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue.issuelinks Smart values not working after migration from Server to Cloud

Paul Seekins November 20, 2023

We just migrated from Jira Server to Jira Cloud and I have a number of Slack automations that are not working. These are configured as automation steps and we are not using the Jira Slack integration. The following syntax worked when we were on Jira Server, but no longer works in Cloud. I searched to see if the smart value syntax had changed for Cloud, but couldn't find anything.

*<https://COMPANY.atlassian.net/browse/{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}|{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}: {{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue.summary}}>*

*Reporter:* {{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue.reporter.displayName}}

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I have found a way to work around this issue. Thanks all!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2023

Would you please share your solution, so that other community members can learn from your experience?

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2023

@Paul Seekins -

I agreed with @Trudy Claspill - Please share your workaround with us when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2023

Hello @Paul Seekins 

I don't see the issuelinks attribute listed under the smart values accessible through the issue object in the documentation for Jira Cloud Automation.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

Can you show us the full automation rule? There may be another way to get at the automation using a Lookup Issues action or a For: Linked Issues branch.

I have gone ahead and worked around this. Thanks.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2023

@Paul Seekins -

Hi Paul:

Is your automation rule indicates error when the rule action is executed?  Or, just the smartvalue value is not working?

Here is the reference link on using automation rule to send Slack message - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/use-automation-with-slack/

Hope this helps and please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi Joseph,

That is correct, the automation rules show the following error:

Screenshot 2023-11-20 162222.png

The link you sent is for a pretty basic setup. My issue is specifically related to the issuelinks smart values syntax (which I suspect changed from Server to Cloud.

- Paul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events