Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue collector - email address matching not working when customer is not a licensed user

Tim Schulz March 21, 2022

I want to use the issue collector to provide a simple way for customers to create issues without signing into the service desk.

I created a testuser (without assigning a license) and created an issue using the issue collector.

Unfortunately, the issue is always mapped to the default author.

When I try the same thing using a licensed user, it works.

Why do I need to be a licensed user to automatically match the email address to a user?

I noticed also, that I cannot assign a non-licensed customer as default author for issues. I don't want to assign a real user as default author to avoid confusion, but I don't want to "burn" a license only to have a dummy user.
With a non-licensed user as default, I receive the following error:

Sie können derzeit keine Vorgänge erstellen, da dafür Zugriff auf eine Jira-Anwendung erforderlich ist. Um Zugriff auf eine Anwendung zu erhalten, müssen Sie Mitglied einer Gruppe sein, die einer Anwendung zugewiesen ist.
translation:
You cannot create issues, because you have to have access to a jira application.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Hi @Tim Schulz 

The Issue Collector needs a Reporter to be set, which can either be...

• The submitter, if their email matches a user with platform access, who has create issue permissions for this project or...
  • An identified default user, used if no match is found (who needs the appropriate access to create issues in the project)

The Issues raised in the form still need to be created by someone - so either it's the submitter, or the nominated Reporter. This is why that nominated Reporter has to be an active user, and needs the create issue permission in the project.

This differs to Jira Service Management Projects, where customers (i.e non-users) can be granted special permissions for creating tickets.

It's not an ideal solution though - I'd investigate instead if it's viable for a user to send an email, and for this to auto-create them an account in Jira Service Management - if asking them to login feels too arduous.

You can see options for who can raise requests on this help page.

Ste

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Tim Schulz issue collectors are a part of Jira and were created prior to the service desk. It will only match to Jira licensed users are this has been the functionality ever since it was introduced.  If you want to collect the customers information you should have them submit a request through the customer portal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events