Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set or define custom field value (i.e. product categorization) for each request type

ian March 14, 2022

Hello. Just starting out w/ Jira Service Management. Working through defining our request types and looking at using the Product Categorization and Operational Categorization fields. Going around in circles trying to figure out how the sample project sets these values for the various pre-defined request types.

I've figured out how to change the field values - just not how to set a default value when the request is created. I'm presuming it's in the workflow somewhere but cannot seem to find it. And wondering if someone can point me in the right direction or to some docs that I can follow.

I will likely also ask Support as we're on a paid plan. And will update here in case its useful for someone else.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
ian March 14, 2022

Came across this answered qu: Operational and Product Categorization - Automation 

Had a quick look at automation and it seems I can mod these fields based on the request type so will do some testing. Presumably I can create multiple rules w/ the same trigger or add the necessary conditions.  

In the meantime please let me know if this is not the correct way or there is a better way to do this. 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events