Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i grant permissions for group on a specific dashboard and he will be not able to view other

hala April 16, 2023

If I have 3 filters for the issues 

one for open issues and one for in progress issues and other for done issues,

then how can i grant permissions for a specific user to view the issues assignned to him with status 'In progress' and not allowing him to see other issues of same status but not assigned to him

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

@hala -

Welcome to the community.  In Jira/JSM, you can implement issue security configuration to control issue visibility to your users, please review the following link as a reference - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

In the configuration scheme, you can setup the security level to call out "Assignee" only (of course you need to always grant members of the project Administrators role to see all the issues).  Once the issues are tagged with the specific security level value, then users who are not called out by the security level will not be able to see those issues in the board and reports.

Lastly, this setup is by each individual project.  So, if you have multiple projects where you want to implement the configuration, then you will need to add the configuration scheme to all the projects as needed.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS