Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide or remove mandatory field "SUMMARY". To not appear on the portal

Daiana Ferreira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2022

hello community
I would like to know how to hide or remove the native and mandatory field "SUMMARY", so that it does not appear on the portal?
This field appears when I create the "REQUEST TYPE", and it appears in the portal and I need to hide or remove it.
Thank you community

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no way to remove the summary of an issue.  However you are working, the summary is what your humans use to tell you what is not right or needs improvement.

Your processes should incorporate "what the summary says" into everything you are doing, even when you set up a help system that just asks for a line of text that describes the problem, and nothing else.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

@Daiana Ferreira -

Welcome to the community.  The "Summary" field is the base default system field for Jira/JSM, it is mandatory for issue creation.  What is your reasoning want to hide/remove it?  

In the Portal UI, you can hide it, but you still need to populate it from the backend configuration.  Again, this field is required.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Daiana Ferreira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2022

Hello
Thanks for the reply. I would like to hide it from the display on the port. I'm doing tests for the internal implementation. And at the moment I'd like to just hide it, so that the customers who are going to generate the ticket don't see.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

It is the same answer.  A human summary of the issue is the only mandatory enterable field.

Like Daiana Ferreira likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events