cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filtering for all projects and which are in a specific state

Ali Sherkat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2023

I am using Jira service management cloud version. In every project, I have a unique custom field which has a common part in its name with all the other versions of the custom field. In my example, I create a custom field named "XXXINV-Unit and Room" where XXX is the customer number. This allows me to create specific units with specific room numbers in cascading lists, then I can create filters and dashboards that show inventory by unit and room. Jira limits the number of characters you can have in a smart clause to 500. Currently, the JQL for the smart cause is “2002INV-Unit and Room” = “assessing for return” or “155INV-Unit and Room” = “assessing for return” or “143INV-Unit and Room” = “assessing for return” or “143INV-Unit and Room” = “assessing for return” or … I need to include this custom field for all projects, and Jira limits the number of characters you can have in a smart clause to 500. AS we add more projects (customers) it would be easier to manage this if there were a way to use JQL to include all "XXXINV-Unit and Room" fields in all projects without having to list each one and running into this 500 character limit. How can use wild cards or other sql to build a smart filter to include all "XXXINV-Unit and Room" fields in all projects without having to list each one and running into this 500-character limit.? Note the xxxINV-Unit and Room custom fields are unique but have the common part of a name (INV-Unit and Room) and I want to query all projects for any sub-values of xxxINV-Unit and Room to be assessing for return. Any help in the JQL to do this query is appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2023

Hi Ali,

I guess I would start by asking why you didn't just create one custom field for Unit and Room and then another custom field for the Customer Number? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events