Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable jira-software user to change jsm ticket status

Pouján (Jiralísta) March 16, 2022

Hello,

We would like to enable some of our non-agent users (jira-software-users for example) to execute certain transitions on issues that are in a service desk project.

Is there any way to accomplish this? I knew that sharing comments with customers and viewing queues is limited to JSM Agents, but preventing software-users from changing the status is weird. After all it is a Jira issue and if the permission is given to a user to transit or edit, it should be possible.

Thanks for any insight in advance! :)

Cheers, pj

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

No, most project functions are limited to the Agents in the project.

The logic behind this is that a Service Desk project is there to handle customer requests, and it's your Agent's job to do that.  The last thing you want is some developer updating status, they aren't there to manage the messaging to the customer.

Pouján (Jiralísta) March 18, 2022

Well if I allow my developers to come and update a status, I would like to see them be able to do that. And if not, I can always take the permission away from non-agents.

This is not a good excuse. It is obviously a bug or best case lack of proper functionality.

Jeremy Goldsmith November 24, 2022

It's neither. Permissions should depend on roles and Nic's answer is appropriate.

On the other hand, if what you want is the activity on your dev's ticket to update back into the JSM ticket, that's more manageable and would not cross the role boundaries as the JSM ticket is updated by automation, not by direct involvement. You might have value by considering this question and its answer:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Can-Automation-move-a-JSM-ticket-status-to-another-status-from/qaq-p/2166548

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events