Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration of default JIRA email for communication

Muhammad Amjad Ali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2022

Hi,

I want to use default jira email address for all incoming and outing communication in my service project. Currently I am using custom alias <support@myorg.atlassion.net> for all outgoing messages from my service project. I want to use the same custom alias <support@myorg.attlasion.net> for all incoming messages for my service project.
As of now, I have linked a customer email address <helpdesk@myorg.com> for reply to address. I want to remove it.
Can anyone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

You cannot Use the same incoming email address for all projects. Each project requires its own unique email channel so that hey are directed to the proper project.

Muhammad Amjad Ali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2022

I am using one email address for one service project. Try to read the question again. I want to use default jira email with custom alias to be used for all incoming and outgoing customer notifications.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Amjad Ali , sorry I misread. I don't know of any way to setup your incoming as described OOTB. Maybe look at one of the two more advanced email handler addon apps if that is an option - jira-service-management:Email-handler 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events