Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation comment on jira not working

Sampath July 29, 2022

Team

any body pls share the steps - automation rule for "when customer commented in the ticket" and to set "i am at OOO. Please contact xxxx" to notify 

pls share the rule

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

Hi @Sampath 

Can you share your rule and audit log please? Usually this should be pretty easy to achieve.

Sampath July 29, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for your response

I am working on UAT instance 

When issue commented

If : issue matches JQL

Then Add comment to issue

XXXXXXXXX

this what i have done in the rule but not sure if get expected result.

When customer comment when agent OOO ...automation reply sent to end sure to contact xxxxx

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

How do you define when your agent is OOO?

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2022

Depending on where you create this rule, it should look something like the following images (however, the condition of the agent being OOO is missing, since you didn't specify how you define on Jira the agent being absent):

JA rule01.pngSD automation.png

Like Joseph Chung Yin likes this
Sampath July 29, 2022

We have 3 shifts. Each shift 2 members. If any one agent planned for vacation leave and that ticket is not touched for 2 days or more than 1 day.....if end users put a comment about status updates - response comment should be "to contact xxxx"

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2022

Then you could probably check the update field or updateddate and put a condition on the above rules.

Sampath July 30, 2022

Thanks for your response.

Possible to share the screenshot of steps, since i am new to JIRA admin testing all the scenarios in Jira UAT instances.

here in our organization - Reporter is a customer & Assignee is a IT Agent

When : Issue commented

If Reporter is Issue reporter

Add Comment : XXXXXXXXXX

Thanks

Lakshmi 

Sampath August 1, 2022

Which keyword should taken Reporter(customer)  automatically {{assignee.displayName}} is this correct? pls advise 

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events