Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically e-mail a knowledge base article after a service request

Claire Warren
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 4, 2022

Hello!

I'm trying to set up an automation rule for service request, where a pre-defined article from our knowledge base is e-mailed to the user after specific service requests. Kind of like:

"It looks like your issue is related to XXX. Please attempt the following troubleshooting steps while we look into your issue". In this case, XXX is an article we've manually linked

I've seen how forms could be attached, but I was wondering if there's any way to link articles to automatic emails in Jira? 

Thanks for your time!

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2022

Hi Claire,

@Brant Schroeder answer is effectively how you can do that.

But I could suggest something else too, so you don't have to send an email.

In your form, you could add a text and the link in the "Instructions" field. This way, the moment a customer see the form attached to this service request, you display informations and the link on the top of the form.

Have a nice day

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

@Claire Warren 

Customer notifications in JSM are not specific to the request type.  You would have to use automation on issue create to send an email out based on the request type created with a specific message and link to the article.  

Capturear.PNG

You can also look at an app like JEMH - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

0 votes
Claire Warren
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2022

Hello Brant & Frederic,

Both your suggestions helped me get what I needed! Currently testing out both options to see what works best for us.

Have a great day,

C

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events