Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attribute of type User in different Insight object types, how to see objects linked to a user

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Hi,

In Jira Service Management cloud we have created an attribute of type User in Insight for different object types. But how or where can I see which objects are linked to a particular User?

regards, Marco

2 answers

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall ,

Thanks for your comment.
But this is not the situation.
We are not using an object type with users, but an attribute of type User.

On Server/DC there is the possibility to view the Insight User Information in user profile. This is what I'm looking for on Cloud.

regards, Marco

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 08.12.04.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

As far as I can tell, that's not possible in Cloud.  I don't see any settings that will enable display of Insight information on the user profile.  As an alternative, you could explore going the route of my original answer below where you set the user as its own object type with one object per user and reference that object in the other object types.  

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hi @Marco Brundel - Atlassian is still working on Insight reporting so here's the best way to get that info:

1. Navigate to the desired user object
  2. On the right side of the screen, there's a section for Inbound References.  It's broken out by object type or you can simply click Show all references to see the full listing

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events