Workflow: screen pop-up during sub-task creation

Jacques B July 26, 2022

I have created a sub-task for which I have a single screen that handles all actions (Create, Update and View).

In the Parent when I create the sub-task, I would like this screen tot pop-up so that the user could enter some values.

I did edit the Create Transition in the Workflow and have specified this screen, but when I create the sub-tasks it does not prompt with this screen.

How can I achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

You don't set up the create screen in the transition.  When you create an issue, Jira uses the create screen that has been set up in the "issue type screen scheme" for the issue type you are creating.

In some places, it won't pop the create screen at all - there are a couple of places you can do a quick create.  You can force people to use a create screen by making a field mandatory for the issue type.

Jacques B July 26, 2022

Thanks, the mandatory field did work for me (in some cases).

I have a scenario though where, upon creation of the parent issue, a subtask is created. Are you aware of how I can ensure that the create screen is displayed for the sub-task? The mandatory field actually causes the sub-task to not be created, since the mandatory field is not populated.

Jacques B July 28, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 
I logged another ticket, related to this. Not sure if you may have some insight into this perhaps?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Required-Field-breaks-Automation/qaq-p/2091713#M110973

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events