Workflow Transition Not Working

Jesse Ortega Jr July 25, 2022

Hello. I need help with figuring out why this transition of Non-Prod Approval is not working. It worked once before in another workflow that was replaced but now does not work in the new transition. Any idea of what I missing.workflow.pngConditions.pngproperties.png

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

@Jesse Ortega Jr -

For the transition condition, the issue must fulfill all of the conditions criteria before one can execute the transition.  You will need to check to see if the issue (ticket) passes on the criteria or not.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hello Joseph. Thanks for the prompt response. I have reviewed the condition criteria and all lines up. I tried adding a new property but that did not help either. properties2.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

@Jesse Ortega Jr -

So when you moves an issue, do you see the transition button or the transition in the dropdown list?  If is there, what is the error thrown we you try to move the issue via that specific transition?

I don't understand why you try to add properties, that will not resolve your issues.

Best, Joseph

Jesse Ortega Jr July 29, 2022

No when the issue is moved there is no transition button. It goes directly to the second approval. 

This is the ticket when first opened. Once the manager approval is completed, the issue should transition to "waiting for support".
manager approval.png

2nd approval.png

This is a screenshot of the workflow.
DB workflow jira.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2022

@Jesse Ortega Jr -

So the issue is that once approved (when issue at Manager's Approval), it is not going to "Waiting for Support" automatically?  Or, it is not doing so?

I am a bit confused on what is the issue.  Please clarify.

Best, Joseph

Jesse Ortega Jr July 29, 2022

Yes, that is correct. Once manager approved, it is not going to "waiting for support".

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2022

After looking at it further and testing on my end, here is what you need to do to fix the problem -

1) In the properties setting for your Manager Approval status, remove your manual entry of  approval.transition.non-prod approval entry.

2) View your WF in the Diagram mode, click on "Manager Approval" status, access the EDIT option associated with "Include approval step.

2022-07-29_14-13-02.png

3) In the Edit approval step pop-up screen, change your "Select transition if approved" dropdown option to "Non-prod approval" and save the change.  (This will also automatically update the the Properties associated with the Manager Approval "approval.transition.approved" property key's property value to the transition ID for the "Non-prod approval" transition.

It will resolved your issue.  The key is that Approval actions of Approved or Declined can only have one specific status to be automatic transition into based on the approval outcome. 

Lastly, I also saw a transition between Manager Approval to Waiting for Approval, I assume 

Hope this makes sense. 

Best, Joseph 

Jesse Ortega Jr August 10, 2022

Thank Joseph for the answer. I made the modification and yes the issue is now going through the Non-Prod transition. However, issues that have the property of Prod are also going through Non-Prod and those should go through the Approved transition. I will try a couple tweaks to see if that helps. 

Screenshot 2022-08-10 153514.png 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2022

Let me know of your findings.  If my suggestions helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Christopher Rampola August 25, 2022

Is there an option to add If-Else conditions for below transition?

If {condition 1} is satisfied, it'll go to Waiting for Support

Else, it'll go to Waiting for Approval

Non-Prod Approval.JPG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

@Christopher Rampola -

In the WF, there is no IF-ELSE condition configuration setup.

Best, Joseph

Christopher Rampola August 26, 2022

Ok, is it possible to achieve what we want with the current workflow we have?

When ticket is created, Manager will always approve the request. The condition is if it's Non-Prod & Prod-RO request, transition to Waiting for Support. Else, Prod-RW request then transition to Waiting Approval.

0 votes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events