Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Button Configuration Options?

Ben Weisman June 13, 2022

Is there a way to configure the order in which statuses appear in a workflow where all statuses can be transitioned any other? Right now, when you click the workflow button the steps are in alphabetical order, wondering if I can change that?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Hi @Ben Weisman - Is this for a company-managed project?  If so, you can manage that with this workflow property:

opsbar-sequence

I typically go with 10, 20, 30, etc. so that if I add new transitions in the future, I can use say, 25 instead of revisiting properties on other transitions.

Thanks. Where do I find that workflow property?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

You'll need to add that to each of the transitions in the workflow you are using in that project.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2022

@Ben Weisman -

To supplement @Mark Segall information, you need to follow the instructions below on editing the WF -

1) Go to the project in question, and then access Project settings >> Workflows.

2) Edit the desire WF by clicking on the pencil symbol.

3) Once in the WF editing mode, switch from Diagram view to Text view.

2022-06-13_18-01-44.png

4) In the Text view, click on the specific transition.  (Example I clicked on the Respond to customer transition)

2022-06-13_18-03-20.png

5) In the transition UI, click on the View Properties button to see the transition properties.

2022-06-13_18-05-07.png

6) In the properties UI, enter what Mark mentioned (key will be opsbar-sequence and the position value) key-value pair, then click Add.  If it is already there, you can just update the value setting to your desire sequence value.

2022-06-13_18-06-48.png

7) Click on the WF name again on the same screen (it is suffixed with (Draft) indicator), this will return you back to transition UI again.

8) Once you have updated all the transitions, remember to click on "Publish Draft" to publish the changes...

2022-06-13_18-11-53.png

NOTE - Remember if you are editing a shared WF (i.e. WF is shared by multiple projects or issues within the same project), then your WF changes are pushed to all projects or all issues within the same project.  So if you just want the changes for a specific project, then you will need make a copy of the existing WF, rename it, and associated the new WF to the specific projects.  To copy a WF, you will go to system Settings (Clog wheel) located upper right of your screen, and then Issues >> Workflows and copy the WF.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events