Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widget

Robert McCool October 5, 2023

I want to know if there is any type of way that you could embed a link inside of the Jira widget that would allow customers internal and external to be redirected to the customer portal? I just want to embed a link into it but can not figure out how. 

1 answer

1 vote
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

Hi @Robert McCool 

Can you provide a bit more context about the use-case here? 

As of right now you can create a Widget that you can use to imbed directly from a website you control. 

(See Project Settings -> Widget ).

If you're trying to embed links directly inside the widget itself, I'm not sure if that's actually possible. 

I've tried creating a custom field that's a URL as well as a text field with a default value of the link to the customer portal, both of which are either not displayed or cleared upon configuration (this could be intentional).

I've also tried configuring an External Source leading back to the customer portal via Project Settings -> External Sources and while it shows it on the customer portal, the widget doesn't display it. 

What you could do instead is possibly create another hidden request type for your customers that use the widget instead to capture the required data but I can suggest better alternatives once I know your use-case a bit better. 

Kind Regards,

Ash

Robert McCool October 6, 2023

I like how users can submit or create issues using the widget but they are not able to view exiting tickets status like they can in the portal. So I wanted to embed a link to make it more user friendly. 

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2023

The widget is quite limited in terms of what you can do with it from what I've found, links appear to be sanitized or removed entirely upon the testing I've done above so I don't think it's possible out of the box. 

There may be some add-ons that could address this on the marketplace though. 

KR, 

Ash

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events