Widget not work

Евгений Чекой July 26, 2021

Hello,

I have been using JIRA service desk for a fews weeks now and when i try to set my widget it have this error 

"We can't load the widget right now. Try again in a little while."

I have search on a few topics how i could solve this issue on my own but without any success. Could you help me please ?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Евгений Чекой 

Sorry to hear this is not working.  I had to double check this feature within the free plan because while the free plans prevent anonymous access to projects, the widget has a requirement to grant anonymous access to the customer portal.  

Having tested this in my own free cloud site I can confirm that this should be working.  I have been able to search some of the logs of your site, but so far I have been unable to find

With the introduction of the Widget as mentioned in Embed request forms anywhere, this feature requires that you enable anonymous access to the customer portal for that project.  However this is not possible to do within Jira sites on the Free plan.

I was able to find the following error from your site

Widget User does not have permission for BROWSE_PROJECT for Project: [project ID number]

Which would seem to indicate that the connect app user does not have the needed permissions in that project.  Since the widget has been deployed as a connect app, this means that there is an add-on user that should have been added to your site.  I would be interested to see if you can navigate to the project settings > Permissions (not "Customer Permissions" though).  The URL should look something like this .atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/{PROJECT_KEY}/permissions

On that page, could you let me know what Users/Groups/Project Roles exist for the Browse_Project permission?  In my own free site, it looks like this

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 5.11.37 PM.png

My first thought that is perhaps this project level permission scheme has changed in some way that prevents the widget user from being able to see that project and in turn then unable to create issues there.

Please check this and let me know the results.

Andy

Евгений Чекой July 27, 2021

Administrators

atlassian-addons-project-access

Service Desk Team

Евгений Чекой July 27, 2021

I added Access to the Jira Service Desk application to the project viewing rights and the widget started working ))

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

I wonder if the widget is supported in the free version or not. I will need to research that.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

I confirmed it is not a feature available in Free version.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2021

I have “un-excepted“ my answer as it is clearly not the right answer at this point.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events