Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Jira post comments under my name when linked issues are set to done?

Christian Happel September 2, 2022

Hi,
this is complicated to explain but I really can't figure this out myself:
We create Jira development tickets out of Jira service desk tickets if our engineering needs to look into things.
Whenever that linked development ticket gets set to Done, an internal comment is posted on the linked customer support (service desk) ticket under my name!
Example here:
2022-09-02 13_11_25.png

Two things came to my mind:

1. Automation.
I do see that an automation rule runs but I think it's based on the result of that posted comment, because the automation doesn't do anything.
See here:
2022-09-02 12_57_18.png

2. Post-function in the workflow-transition of the development ticket to status Done.
But I don't see anything here that would trigger that either.
See here:
2022-09-02 13_08_41.png

Any other ideas anybody????

Please help! :)

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

I just found the reason myself: There were still old legacy automation rules existing that were causing this!

1 vote
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2022

Hi @Christian Happel ,

There is no automation rule active on the development project?

Did you look in the audit log of Automation?

regards, Marco

There are automation rules in the dev project. But none of them ran at the time of the comment. The only one that ran at that point in time was the one I added the screenshot above already. This screenshot is from the global audit log.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events