Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get a duplicates (R/A) in Opsgenie when creating an incident?

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2021

So I created a incident in Opsgenie and when I do I get both a Responder Alert of an Incident and an Associated alert of an incident. Why does this happen? 

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Krueger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2021

This is going to be hard to answer without seeing your Opsgenie config. I would really recommend that you use the built-in chat support within the Opsgenie website. They are responsive and excellent. 

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2021

So, when I create an incident it creates an alert which is fine but it also automatically creates an associated alert and I don't understand the cause.

I Checked the activity logs for this Incident in Opsgenie and this is what I see:

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-11 141805.png

Paul Krueger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2021

What does the other alert look like? What exactly is triggering the alert(s)?

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2022

Exactly the same.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events