Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I add a Custom Field in JSM Project Request Form

Deleted user April 4, 2022

Hi there,

Is there a reason I cannot add a Custom Field in JSM Project Request Form? 

I created the new custom field, added it to needed screens, and when I click "update" it won't go through with the update. 

Is this because we're on a trial? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

hi @[deleted] , nothing to do with it being a trial. Can you please provide more info? I assume you are using a Company managed project project correct? Where do you have added the field to your screens and also what you see in the request form as far as available fields?

Hi Jack, 

So to reduce this issue more, the custom field has been successfully added to the form, but what's not being updated is the needed "Field Help" input. 

For some reason it's not allowing me to update successfully the "Field Help" input. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

Sorry, what is the "find help"? is that your custom field? I'm a bit lost here.

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 2.08.18 PM.png

Adding the custom field is working, my challenge is that when I add a Field Help text to it it does not work - when I click "Update" nothing actually updates on front-end. 

@Jack Brickey Issue has been solved.

Though I have a new question if possible. Question: Is there a way to add a "+" button at the bottom of a Field to allow users to duplicate the field? 

If not, would the best practice for users be just to create a new issue for the same request type? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

here is what I see...

2022-04-04_14-32-32.jpg2022-04-04_14-31-23.jpg

@Jack Brickey Issue has been solved.

Though I have a new question if possible. Question: Is there a way to add a "+" button at the bottom of a Field to allow users to duplicate the field? 

If not, would the best practice for users be just to create a new issue for the same request type? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

no there isn't a means of doing that. I don't understand the ask though. Adding a field is different from creating a new request.

@Jack Brickey The ask would be to see if it is possible to create a duplicate of a field in a single Request Type Form.

Example use case, creating essentially two forms in one. Where the user would click a + button below a field to add it as many times as they need. 

That's why I ask does it just make logical sense to create a a new Request? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

Yes my suggestion would be for them to create a new request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events