Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my team members being added as customers?

Stephen King
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2023

Hi, 

I am trying to add "Service Desk Team" members from the Project Settings>People tab. I have successfully done this for one of my team and they can see everything I need them to see when logged in. When I try to add anymore "Service Desk Team", it seems to add them as customers. They still show in the list with Role "Service Desk Team" however they also appear in the Customers list under "CHANNELS AND PEOPLE". Due to this, they don't seem to have team member access but can only see the customer portal. 

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

Hi @Stephen King welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Your team members are internal employees who also may be a customer for your portal.

Do they have Jira Service Management product access granted?

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@Stephen King 

Welcome to the community.  In addition to what @Dave Mathijs mentioned, typically that members of the "Service Desk Team" role for your JSM project are users who are licensed JSM "agents".  They should have actual JSM license granted to his/her account.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS