• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why are JIRA issue status colors changed in Confluence?

Lately, we've updated JIRA and Confluence, but now, if I use a JIRA issue macro in Confluence:

* The status 'open' is black, (expected to be 'blue')

2018-10-10 15_37_35-JIRAOpen.png
* The status 'in progress' is blue, (expected to be 'yellow')

2018-10-10 15_37_05-JIRAProgress.png

The colors in JIRA are still the same, but why are the colors in Confluence changed?

2018-10-10 15_36_30-Confluence.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 11, 2018

Hey Arne,

The new colors (that you see in Confluence) match the Atlassian Design Guidelines version 3 that we've been rolling out to all our products. If you take a look at Jira Cloud now, the same mappings that you see in Confluence with the status colors exist:

image.png

Mapped to the Status Categories in the workflow editor, more generically you get these (grey, blue, green):

image.png

The difference you're seeing now between Jira and Confluence is just that the Jira version you're on has mostly ADG2 design language while Confluence is mostly/all ADG3 at this point. Expect Jira to change as well in future upgrades. You can see lots more about ADG3 at https://atlassian.design .

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith Community Leader Jun 24, 2019

@Daniel Eads ,

Our business just updated Confluence from 6.6.1 to 6.13.4. Our JIRA workflow statuses and Status macro now have different colors. 

We do not plan on updating JIRA for a few more months. Is there a way I can get IN PROGRESS to display as yellow done instead of blue?

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Jun 25, 2019

Hey @Jonathan Smith , interesting idea - personally I might try and get people used to the new color scheme in Confluence now as the overall look and feel changed enough now (vs later when you upgrade Jira) that people hopefully pick up the new color scheme. But point noted, you can tweak these on the Confluence side until you upgrade Jira.

I've done this via CSS in the Look & Feel section of Confluence. Here's what it looks like with the yellows in the new look and feel vs the default blue:
image.png

And the CSS to apply this color:

.aui-lozenge-current.aui-lozenge-subtle {
border-color: #FFF0B3;
color: #FF991F;
}

Just remember to remove this customization once your Jira upgrade is ready. Cheers!

Jonathan Smith Community Leader Jul 11, 2019

@Daniel Eads 

I had a good laugh when you told me to get the business used to the new color scheme. We still wear ties in our IT environment, so any change here is difficult :P

Thank you for the CSS supplied; I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again!

Jonathan Smith Community Leader Jul 11, 2019

The CSS worked great for the JIRA items. On to the easy dropdowns / status macro :)

Cheers.

- Jonathan

Like Daniel Eads likes this

@Daniel Eads , we just upgraded to Jira 8.5.1, and we're finding it's hard to visually distinguish now between the "To Do" and "In Progress" categories. Is there any CSS or plugin that will let us change the colors of the status categories in Jira? Thanks for your help!

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 20, 2019

@Susan Ostreicher hey! Given the amount of places the status colors are used in Jira, I'd be worried about missing classes if I was trying to change them with straight CSS there. But if you didn't mind having to go back and add any places that might have been missed, you could use the Announcement Banner to inject custom CSS (this would get it on every page).

Looking that the marketplace though, it looks like New Status Colors for Jira (free) or its sibling New Status Colors PRO for Jira (very inexpensive) are along the right lines. The plugin configuration looks pretty easy and you wouldn't have to worry about hunting down all the CSS classes to override.

Like Susan Ostreicher likes this

Perfect - I think the second app is what we need. Thanks so much, Daniel!

Too right. Using js in the ann ban doesn't change the colors in Jira Portfolio, Roadmaps

Hello @Daniel Eads ,

Thank you for the suggestion above they work great!

We have a very unique use case for senior leadership. Is it possible to base the color on the Jira status name? So if we had two statuses which fall under current (In progress, Planning) we could differentiate them.

The CSS below is contained in the CSS Stylesheet macro on a single confluence page.

.aui-lozenge-default.aui-lozenge-subtle {
border-color: #Ff0007;
color: #Ff0007;
}

.aui-lozenge-current.aui-lozenge-subtle {
border-color: #FFF0B3;
color: #FF991F;
}

.aui-lozenge-success.aui-lozenge-subtle {
border-color: #004c1f;
color: #004c1f;
}

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

235 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you