cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find portal forms?

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2023

Hi all,

We got portal forms for user to raise ticket straight from our company's web homepage. The forms are groupped in 3:

• Enterprise Application Incidents;
  • Enterprise Application Requests; and
  • General IT Request.

I navigatged to: project > project settings > forms. I can see 8 forms listed. But I can't find the form I wanted to update.

From the company website, when i click the link to create a form, the URL looks like this: 

https://*****-******.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/group/3/create/50

Can you please help me how I could find all the forms of a particular project?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023

@Zaldy Parian -

You will need to access each FORM configuration >> Settings to see where is your FORM maps to the Request Type.

2023-03-19_21-07-50.png

The request type is listed in your Request URL that you provided in your ask ".../create/50" - This will tell you which Request Type when a customer is accessing to create issue in your project via the portal UI.  Once you identify the request type, then you can associate it back to your FORM used.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

Thank you very much for your quick response and guidance.

As suggested, I went to the Settings tab of the form...
forms_list.png

But when I to the list of form to edit it, the Analytics form is not visible....
forms.png

How can I edit the form if it isn't listed?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023

@Zaldy Parian -

You will need to access each FORM and then review the "Setting" tab of it individually. 

Additionally, Do you know which of your project(s) having the missing request type?  You will need to access that specific project to access the Form associated with the missing request type.

Best, Joseph

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

Each from in the Forms list only have 1 request form linked to it. And I'm not able to edit the Analytics/Reporting form, because it is not listed. I also checked the portal groups and strangely, the Analystics/Reporting form is listed.
portal_groups.png

Ultimately, I wanted another mandatory field in the form. But I could not find the Analytics/Reporting form to edit it. Am I in the right view to edit a form?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

@Zaldy Parian -

Ok, can you find the request type link via the portal UI?  Once you do, then you can then locate the project that associated with the request type in question.  Afterward, access the project and then access the FORMs section to find the form.

I believe you are just looking at the wrong project, thus you cannot locate the specific FORM that you want to modify.

Hope this makes sense.

Best, Joseph

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

That's exactly what I'm doing. In our Jira Service Mgmt. instance, there is only 1 main project (other projects are used for testing purposes). What I was doing was, selecting the project through the top menu Projects, then click the Project settings menu at the left panel > Forms.

And for some reason, I cannot find the right form listed, see screen shots below.
forms_2.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

@Zaldy Parian -

From your Portal UI, can you select and create an issue using the specific Request Type?

If so, create the issue, then you should be able to locate the project in question.  From there you will be able to access the specific Form. 

The only reason that I am aware of is that you are not seeing or find the specific Form associated to the specific request type, it is because the project that you are looking at is not the one that host the specific form.

Last thing, is the request type created via a third party add-on?  Just a question.

Best, Joseph

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

Yep, that's correct. The Project is <OurCompany> IT Service Desk.
I then navigated to Project settings > Forms.
But the form is not listed. 

I even tried doing the same steps to other projects, although those projects are not active at all, just to see if I can find it there. But no luck.

I contacted the 3rd party who initially developed the forms and project for us, but no one can show me where I could find the form.

I continue searching for it and update this if I got to find it.

Thanks for your patience. I know it's a bit frustrating, particularly if you don't see what I can see. And I thank you for your help.

Cheers.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

@Zaldy Parian -

At this time, I would recommend you to submit a formal support request to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com), so they can assist you further as they have access to the backend logs and other backend items.

If all of my suggestion helped you, please click on Accept answer at the conclusion of this ask.

Best, Joseph

Like Zaldy Parian likes this
Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

Thanks, @Joseph Chung Yin .

I finally found where to locate the forms. It's actually Project > Project settings > Request Type menu.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

@Zaldy Parian -

Excellent.  For some odd reason, I thought that you are looking for the "FORM" configuration that is used against your Request Type Form.  The first "FORM" is related to the previous known "Proforma Form" which you can create customized issue creation design that can be incorporated to your Request Type form design.

Sorry for taking you to a different path on this ask.  Again, it is all good now.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events