Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a comment has been added copy it to linked issue based on accountId (Jira Automation)

Damian de Vries May 24, 2022

I wonder how I would tackle this issue.

Backstory:
I'm currently automating a Employee Onboarding function where in project HR the issue type Employee onboarding is used. This issue type rolls out different tasks to different projects. For example, when a new employee is hired create an issue for IT to roll out the hardware for this new hire.

The problem:
I got asked a question if it was possible to communicate from (in this case) the HR issue to the IT issue based on the accountId. Note that HR won't able to access the IT project. So what I thought is that when the "@mention" is used in a comment in the Employee onboarding issue type, copy the comment to the linked issue if it matches the accountId for the assignee on that linked issue. But I'm not really finding a way to do that right now.

What I have made up until now is this:

Screenshot%20on%202022-05-24%20at%2009-23-40.png

I also tried it another way for the linked issues, this works but I want the @mention to work with the accountId of the assignee, because a employee onboarding has different tasks and I don't want that when someone from HR says: "@Damian is this almost finished?", that someone in a different linked issue also sees this. This is the way that works but also copies the comment to all the other linked issues if the assignee = "accountId":

Annotation%20on%202022-05-24%20at%2009-27-08.png

If someone could help me with this or maybe shed some new light for this issue, I would be very grateful!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events