What smart values are available in Insight custom field - Filter issue scope (IQL):

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

When creating an custom field in Jira for and Insight Object, we can define the "Filter issue scope (IQL)"

What issue-related smart values can we use here as replacement values?

I was hoping I could use all the smart values described here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

For example, I tried this (where "Request Type" is an attribute of objectType System): 

objectType="System" AND "Request Type"=${issue.Request Type.requestType.name} 

The custom field does not return anything in the drop down with these settings.

So far, I have only been able to use values from other fields like ${customfield_12345}

Which smart values are supposed to work in the Filter issue scope (IQL)?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2022

I contacted support and they confirmed my findings: only custom fields that are Insight Object fields can be used as placeholders in Filter issue scope (IQL).

See this existing feature request and vote if it's relevant for you: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10185

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2022

@Pieter Wouter Hartog -

Request Type smart value is associated with JSM request type and not for Insight schema, thus you cannot use it for your case.

Here is the link on smart values as related to Insight Schema - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-insight/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2022

Tank you @Joseph Chung Yin 

The link you refer to doesn't mention ${customfield_12345} for example, which does work for me - but only when that custom field is also an insight field.

Besides other Insight Object custom fields, are there any other variables / replacement values we can use in Filter issue scope (IQL)? Looking for anything we can use from the issue to include in the IQL

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events