Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the expected functionality of the Default post-incident review template?

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

Does anyone know what the expected functionality/behavior of the Default post-incident review template, found within Project settings > Incident management > Post-incident reviews, is supposed to be?

2023-05-05 JSM-Default-PIR-Template.png

Yesterday I enabled the Post-incident reviews work category, created a request type I titled Create a post-incident review, and had the system automatically create the [System] Post-incident review issue type. Within Project settings > Incident management > Post-incident reviews I connected my project to a Confluence space and selected a parent page for the exported post-incident reviews. 

I then followed this Atlassian documentation to create a PIR from an existing incident issue, and publish it to Confluence. I assumed the published PIR page would be formatted like the Default post-incident review templatebut my assumption was incorrect. Instead the page was laid out in the following manner.

• 1st heading: Incident description, which included:
    • The incident issue summary
    • An "Incident summary" table which matches the "Incident Summary" found in the right side-bar of the post-incident review issue.
  • 2nd heading: Incident details, which included:
    • The incident issue description
  • 3rd heading: Timeline, which included:
    • The incident issue timeline, uses the "JSM Incident Timeline" macro.
    • You can also see this when clicking the Timeline button on the linked Primary incident when viewing the PIR issue.
  • 4th heading: Post Incident Review details, which included:
    • The PIR issue description

I re-read through Atlassian's documentation but wasn't able to find anything describing how this Default post-incident review template is supposed to function. I did find this somewhat related Atlassian community question, where @Joseph Chung Yin provides a screenshot which shows the Default post-incident review template populated in the Description field during issue creation. When I created the PIR, there was nothing added to the Description field, and I created several more to test and the Description field was empty for each PIR I created. I can add Description to the request form, hide it, and add the template as a preset value, but is that the intended functionality? Or is that template supposed to automatically be added into the Description field?

1 answer

0 votes
Matteo Vecchiato June 12, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders