Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Incident Review request form only shows summary.

Brad Miele February 10, 2023

I am trying to implement a project that includes PIRs. When I create one and add PIR to the portal groups, the form just shows summary:Screenshot 2023-02-10 120951.png

The subsequent page in portal:

Screenshot 2023-02-10 121026.png

The ticket created has javascript in the description:

Screenshot 2023-02-10 121127.png

What's going on?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2023

@Brad Miele -

Welcome to the community.  This feature is new provided by Atlassian.  To create the PIR, one should not create it via the Portal UI.  

This is way to implement this functionality -

1) PIR can be created associated with issues reported in your JSM project where the Request Type is based on the issue type of [System} Incident.

2) Once the about request type is created in your project, then you can create a PIR to the specific issues by accessing the issue and click on "Add PIR" button.

2023-02-10_10-16-34.png

This is what you will see the PIR form where you will see the template for the Description field -

2023-02-10_10-19-19.png

This is why you only see Summary and template text when you created the PIR directly from the portal UI.

To change the Description default template - You need to access the "Create a post-incident review" request type form via Project settings >> Request types >> Post-incident reviews Expand the "Description" field and update the template as needed 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

2023-02-10_10-38-46.png

Here are the reference links on Post Incident Reviews from Atlassian - 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-your-post-incident-reviews/

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-and-publish-a-post-incident-review/

Brad Miele February 10, 2023

Thanks!

Does this mean that PIRs and Incidents have to live in the same project? I was trying to keep them separate. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2023

@Brad Miele -

Yes as far as I know.  If my explanations helped you, please click on "Accept answer" so other users with similar questiions will see this post as a solution. 

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events