Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Request form and Issue view in the config menu of request types?

Alex Thousand January 31, 2023

Trying to find documentation has been tough. But we have been experiencing issues revolved around this configuration menu. What are the differences? Why is it when you set a field in issue view and save, the field gets removed from request form? 

In my opinion, request form should only have to deal with creating the issue and issue view should only have deal with the issue once it is created. So why should configuring in one, effect the other? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Hi @Alex Thousand and welcome to the community!

The changes to the view configuration were fairly recent so documentation is still a bit light.  However, the way it works is that if you're asking the customer to fill something out on the request form, it is automatically grouped with other request form fields at the top left of the issue detail.  So, when you manipulate the same field on the issue view screen, it will remove it from the portal screen.

Agree that it would be nice to have the option of placing the field where the team feels its most optimal for their use, but unfortunately, it's not designed to work this way (at least not yet).

Alex Thousand January 31, 2023

Without knowing that what you configure within the request forms will appear with in the issue view. It's confusing. Because looking at it initially, at least I thought this way, you would look at those menus and think "Alright, this is where I configure how I want the request form to look like and issue type is where I configure what the issue looks like after the issue had been created". Two separate configuration menus. But nope, it's more like "request forms is where you configure what the creating the request looks like and issue view is where you configure what the request looks like after creation. BUT don't forget. What is configured within request forms will also be configured within issue view". Where you have connected configuration menus without clear indication that they are connected until you try adding a field to one and it gets removed from the other. 

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Hi @Alex Thousand,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The request form is what the customer sees in the portal, and the issue view is what the agent sees when accessing the request in the queue. The request form can rename the fields to make it more clearer to the customer what information you are looking for. Example, you can change summary to say "Summarize the request", and add a help text.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events