Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best practice for managing mulitple customers

Jason Orosco April 6, 2022

If a company has multiple customers across all states, what is the best practice for managing the customers.  Aside from setting up an email address for the customer, do larger companies also integrate Slack?  And if so, how would a company manage customers across all states?  

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Hi @Jason Orosco , that is a very generic question.

When working with a service project in Jira Service Management, you can organise customers in Organisations. Depending on de Customer permissions setting in your project settings, this enables you to limit the sharing of requests from customers to their organisation only.

The customer already has their own email address which can be used for the portal (i.e. an Atlassian account).

Slack could be an additional channel for customers, but I prefer redirecting them to the customer portal for follow-up.

Jason Orosco April 7, 2022

@Dave Mathijs  thank you for your response.  I just moved into this position so i'm trying to gather best practices.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events