Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is JQL syntax to search for a dynamic variable/value entered by a user (not a fixed text)

Fariba Alavi November 10, 2021

Hello,

I'd like to create a JQL on my Jira Service Manager filter to display all the tickets that have a keyword entered by a user.  The keyword is different and not a specific text. For example, let's say a user wants to search for keyword Latency, what would be the JQL?

For example in the below example, I've hard coded the value but each time the value that I want to search for is different.  Is there anyway to replace Latency with a dynamic parameter to be filled in dynamically based on what the user enters in the search box? t

project in (SSM) AND text ~ Latency

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2021

Hi @Fariba Alavi and welcome to our community!

welcome3.jpeg

It is impossible out-of-the box but with some tools like ScriptRunner you can try to achieve the desired behavior. But additional research/advice is required here.

Fariba Alavi November 10, 2021

Thank you, Grigory.  I'll try to research what can be done with tools like ScriptRunner.

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2021

Maybe get back to us when you find the solution or should you need further assistance. Your experience may be valuable to others.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events