Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View a portal group name in a queue

Holger Jaszus November 9, 2021

Hello all,

I am desperate for an easy way to have portal groups displayed in a queue.

If different request forms are made available in a customer portal and these are stored in different portal groups, what must be configured and how so that the support employee can also see in the respective queue which portal group this request comes from?

Thanks for helpful tips

portal.jpgqueue.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Hi @Holger Jaszus and welcome to the Community!

As far as I know, there is no option to use the actual group of request type on the portal to display in queues. The concept is there to visually organise request in the portal UI and is not linked to the issues themselves.

But as it seems you are trying to organise your request types into pretty logical categories, you could set up a custom field (or use e.g. components) to duplicate that categorisation. If you add that custom field as a hidden field on your request form and set its value automatically, you could use that field instead in your queues.

Hope this helps!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Agree. Maybe there is a way to use Automation to set a custom field or use Labels.

Like jbolton likes this
Holger Jaszus November 10, 2021

Thanks for the fast respond. It's a shame that there is no easy option for this. I will test the tip with the custom field and give feedback, thank you.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events