Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating a Single Form Before Transitioning

Ryan Wolfe June 22, 2022

Previously with the original Proforma forms, you could add validators for one of three states: 

• At least one form is attached to an issue
  • All forms attached to an issue are submitted
  • A specific form is attached (and submitted)

The first two have been added to workflow transition validators but I have yet to find a way to do the last one, where you specify a specific form that you want to be attached and submitted before allowing the transition. 

There appears to be no way to do it, even though the promise was that we did not lose any functionality when Proforma was moved over to JSM. 

Is this a missed feature or is there a way I am not seeing to accomplish this?

2 answers

0 votes
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2023

If you are saving the form data to custom fields, you can put your condition on one of those fields being populated. 

We do this for one of the forms and it has worked well to block the transition until submitted and the data captured in the fields. 

Another option if you are not capturing the data in custom fields or if you are honestly. 

Use automation

• trigger
    • On form submission
  • Condition:
    • check any additional conditions needed
  • Action:
    • edit issue - set a read only custom field to "submitted"

Use a workflow condition to only allow the transition of the request to the next status if the custom field is populated with submitted. 

0 votes
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Ryan Wolfe 

You can specify a form using the "Forms attached" automation condition.

Here's what that looks like:

SCR-20220623-cdf.png

Is this what you're looking for? Let me know if not and we'll work through it.

Ryan Wolfe June 23, 2022

Unfortunately, this isn't what I was hoping to find. The Scenario is that I need to make sure that a specific form has been submitted and completed before the user transitions to a specific status.

This was originally possible with ProForma but doesn't seem to be possible with the integrated version. It looks like all I can do is set up a workflow validation on a workflow transition that will require all open forms to be submitted, but that is not ideal. There are times when a user may have more than one form open, but I only require a single one to be submitted before they proceed. 

This example is just checking to see if a form has been submitted and then transitions automatically to the next status, I need to prevent them from transitioning unless they have submitted it.

Like Korijn Schrijver likes this
Korijn Schrijver March 27, 2023

@Peter Preston Please reconsider your answer based on the comment from Ryan. 
This is a missing feature indeed. There is no way to validate one specific form now before transitioning to the next status. 

Jason Greene September 28, 2023

Can we get an answer to this please? The forms automation is not available on cloud despite what has been shown in the following link.

Rebuilding ProForma automation rules - Atlassian Community

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events